Dear Sheriff Michael J. DeLeo as the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in Lebanon County Pennsylvania you were required to take an oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic. Having taken that oath I would like to know if you will honor your oath by refusing to enforce Federal rules, regulations and directives that violate the Constitution and/or the Bill of Rights.
The Second Amendment clearly proclaims that the people have a right to own guns and in the Bill of Rights, the government is prohibited from infringing on the right of the people to own guns if they choose to do so.
Your primary job is to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution and the rights of the people that live in Lebanon County Pennsylvania. The Supreme Court has ruled that the Federal government has no lawful jurisdiction in the counties and that when a Sheriff chooses to enforce an unconstitutional directive, he is violating his Constitutional Oath.
The people of Lebanon County are the employer and you are the employee and we expect you to represent us and not the Federal government. As your employer, I would like to know if you are given an order that violates the Constitution, will you honor your oath or will you do as directed by the President of the United States.
Sincerely, Melissa Lynne Kirst
See how this goes. I was kinda afraid to send it after reading that book by Michelle Gooden – Unsolved Murder of Peggy Reber … but, I did.
Hope someone makes a note.
- Sheriff Alan Botzheim’s Open Letter to the Citizens of Pend Oreille County Regarding 2nd Amendment (khq.com)
- A Sheriff Who Will Defend the Right to Bear Arms (ncrenegade.com)
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio: I’m not confiscating guns (wnd.com)
- Letter to the Citizenry from Sheriff Jerry Jones (ncrenegade.com)
- Sheriff Mack: Constitutional Sheriffs Refusing to Take Guns IS the Solution to Tyranny (sgtreport.com)
- Sheriff Refuses to Enforce Unconstitutional Executive Orders in Arizona County (dprogram.net)
- Four Missouri Sheriffs: Gun Control Laws Will Not Be Enforced (breitbart.com)
- Missouri Sheriffs Pledge To Not Enforce Obama’s Gun Control Laws (vaticproject.blogspot.com)
- Sheriff Refuses to Enforce Unconstitutional Executive Orders in Arizona County (rinf.com)