Today I noticed my first bloom on the Clematis Vine. I grew this vine from seeds about two summers ago. This is the first year I see a bloom on this vine.
“Head in the sun, feet in the shade” is obviously a true old saying about the Clematis Vine, because that’s exactly what I did last fall to hopefully get some blooms this year.
This Clematis is out-back in an area behind the shed. Full sun all day. So after learning about “Head in the sun, feet in the shade” I planted midsize bushy perennials about 3 feet in-front of the Clematis Vine last fall. Wouldn’t ya know, when the perennials grew about 1.5 feet high this year my Clematis started to show some flower buds. YAY !!
Now I have my first Clematis bloom and flower buds all over. WOOT !! Now I know to move my other Clematis away from the area it’s currently in now .. maybe it’s not too late this year to see that one bloom. We’ll see.
- The Clematis (27thstreet.wordpress.com)
- Clematis Galore (gardenrooms.typepad.com)
- A Beautiful Clematis from Mongolia (nicolebrait.com)
- Dalia’s Clematis (artyange.wordpress.com)
- Clematis in The Garden (artyange.wordpress.com)